Economist - US-Israel

Just a fun spec, i'd love to see what the reactions are. I'd love to hear from people who think the US government is not controlled entirely by Israel.

Economist - US-Israel

10 comments

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

The idea is gud, but I would have loved it if was not too explicit. (should have shown the below part). You should have made the changes in the flag itself and ask them to look closer to it. And when they identify it they would appreciate themself :)

http://twitter.com/JCSaiKrishna
I'm excited to know my mistakes!

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

Good suggestion JC

You Are What You Expect

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

Replacing the stars in the American flag is done before, but that's not the biggest problem of this ad. I don't want to start a political discussion, but I think it's a bad idea for The Economist to say "The US is controlled by Israel". Maybe they could raise the question, but not confirm it like this.

Maybe if you make a campaign out of it, with other political questions, but like this it's just bad.

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

ok, point taken, but my idea was to start a political discussion, not to make an ad :) so if you don't mind, please say something controversial about the subject of my ad, my ad is a non-ad i know it, i just wanted to stoke a fire

You Are What You Expect

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

in other words i want someone to say yeah, Israel not only controls US, they are pwning it like crazy, that they are pounding it like crazy and the US citizens better wake up

You Are What You Expect

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

It's not the right place for a discussion on politics, like the frontpage isn't the right place for your work ;)

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

you are uber wrong on both counts ;)

You Are What You Expect

Davosk's picture
Davosk
4833 pencils

This is no big revelation. Not much insight in your work.

GabiBorges's picture
GabiBorges
29 pencils

I agree with JC. Just let the flag of Israel - which seems by far, the U.S. flag - and ask to look more closely, where we see the flag of Israel.

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

ok seems a valid improvement, i will update and add it, thanks, but i want some polidiscussion cmon, do you'll love israhell?

You Are What You Expect

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.