Proactive for Domino's Pizza

Hey Thinkers. Please comment on my thinking ...

Proactive for Domino's Pizza

59 comments

HappyHour's picture
HappyHour
2386 pencils

Seems like a pretty weak idea. Any more executions from this campaign?

amitcopyfighter's picture
amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

No. Right now, i have only one.
Hey HappyHour, can you please tell me the weak point of this idea ?

amitcopyfighter

HappyHour's picture
HappyHour
2386 pencils

Think about what you are trying to tell your audience.

I think the weakness is in "Ready to Deliver".. what does that mean? Aren't all pizza delivery places are ready to deliver? And unfortunately your visual is a direct illustration of this idea, so to me the visual is just as weak. I don't mind if my pizza takes an extra 15 seconds to get to me.

Being "ready to deliver" is the minimum requirement of a pizza delivery place. This doesn't differentiate Domino's enough to convince me to order from there. Try saying that Dominos has the fastest delivery, it'll be a much easier selling point to creatively illustrate.

CuriousPencil's picture
CuriousPencil
4227 pencils

Happyhour is right, though maybe a little harsh. I like the thinking that the differentiation is the speed of delivery, though you probably can't say fastest. If the parking space was actually empty, with a Domino's signage on the wall, and a cartoon 'puff-cloud' on the left, some motion blur or whatever your artistic sensibilities allow, and the line 'on our way'. THAT would please me.

HappyHour's picture
HappyHour
2386 pencils

You can say fastest, as long as you weren't planning on running your spec ads by Dominos' legal team.

hshambde3's picture
hshambde3
5 pencils

macdonald's made the fastest delivery idea in egypt

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

@ HappyHour : with this ad i just want to tell our consumers that your time is very precious & we ( @ Domino's ) understand its importance ( either it's 15 sec or 15 min ). That is why the Domino's scooter is in ready position which shows Domino’s credibility towards their customers.

& you are right that my visual is a direct illustration of my idea because with this visual i want to give a real touch to my thought. I personally feel that a real picture makes a better impact in compare of an exaggeration.

amitcopyfighter

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

@ CuriousPencil: Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely work on that.
@ hshambde3 : Thanks for your ready to deliver information.

amitcopyfighter

Guest's picture

i think its a nice idea, because i recognised the scooter always standing with the face to wall or shop.
and thaht way of parking it isnt the fastest

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Hey Guest ! What's your name ?
Well, thanks for your appreciating words :)

amitcopyfighter

ad-dictive's picture
ad-dictive
24 pencils

Can't get ! Pls explain ...

Guest's picture

Hey Ad-dictive, its a very simple Idea. Not the Rocket Science. Please open your mind. I am sure, you will definitely get it :)).

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Be more addictive. Then only you can understand ;)

amitcopyfighter

Guest's picture

Nice work. Try to convert it into a Campaign. Then only you can justify with your thought. All the Best.

Guest's picture

Thanks. I will work on that :))

ad-dictive's picture
ad-dictive
24 pencils

Finally i got this idea. Well, it is a very nice thought. Keep going dude...

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

It seems like Dominos guy doesnt know parking his bike. or he left his bike when he was about to start for a pizza delivery...

http://twitter.com/JCSaiKrishna
I'm excited to know my mistakes!

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

@ krishna : HA HA HA HA HA ... Where are you working ?

amitcopyfighter

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

Better u too start working :)

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Working like you ? Good Joke :))

amitcopyfighter

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

People like you made jokes on Leo Burnett too. Rethink for what you had typed!

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Hey Listen...I have never commented on any Advertising Agency. I always comment on an Individual & their work. Agencies doesn't matter for me. Market mein kaam bikta hai dost, naam nahi. Aur haan, jahan naam bikta hai, vahan kaam nahi hota.

amitcopyfighter

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

Even Leo Burnett is a person name before becoming an agency name.

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Thanks. Thanks for telling me that Leo Burnett is a person. I am shocked :))
Yaar listen... first, please clear me your point. What you want to tell? You want to ask me to stop commenting or something else?

amitcopyfighter

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

U r welcome! And I ask you to comment people's work and not people!

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

OK! As you wish :))

amitcopyfighter

ad-dictive's picture
ad-dictive
24 pencils

JCSaiKrishna is doing INTERNSHIP with OgilvyOne, Bangalore ;)

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

Im glad that ad-dictive is right about me :)

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Great going Mate! Abhi tumhe bahut kuch seekhna hai. You are the future. Keep Going. All the Best! Cheers !

amitcopyfighter

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

Thanks dude!

manumartin5's picture
manumartin5
1202 pencils

guys...! I am surprised that creative comments make room for arguments.!

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

How are you supposed to put a pizza in the box if it's close to the wall like this?
Bad idea, sorry.

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

@ Martijn: I don't know why you guys are asking these kind of questions! To put a pizza in the box, a person can easily use the space near both sides of a scooter.[ I know, no one can break that wall ;)) ]

amitcopyfighter

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

These kind of boxes often open from behind and not from the sides. Even if he can open it from the sites, there are all these other scooters so he's definitly going to loose the 10 seconds he won by parking like this.

Your ad tries to tell people 'look how clever we are' but, when you think 3 seconds about it, it just isn't.

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Hey Martijn, a person will definitely lose those 10 sec, either he/she park this side or that side. This ad is not about those 10 sec.This ad is about the time you saves after that. look, if you park like other scooters, you can definitely put your pizza easily but after that, you have to take out your scooter from the exact position to move forward.& that's the time which i want to save.

& 3 sec. are not enough to understand this ad. Actually you have to sit and think about the whole concept ( mainly the timing ). And if this idea help to satisfy both consumers & customers ( for Dominos ), then yes, we are clever... \m/

amitcopyfighter

HappyHour's picture
HappyHour
2386 pencils

Martijn is right. And if it takes more than 3 seconds to communicate your message, the ad fails.

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

A suggestion: just ask some pizza guys why they parks their scooters the way they do and not like you suggest.

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

A very valid suggestion.

Crane's picture
Crane
114 pencils

What a load of rubbish!!!!!

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

@ Martijn : Don't go anywhere. Take it yourself. If you are a biker then park your bike in a way which i suggested. I am 101% sure that when you take out your bike, you will definitely save the seconds which you lose in an ordinary manner.

@ JSCaiKrishna : You can be a part of this task. Please do it & give me the exact figure.( In terms of timing ).

@ HappyHour : I am not sure about this 3 sec.story. Is there any rule that a person have to take only 3 sec. or less than that to understand a creative.

amitcopyfighter

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

Is it my work? If it is, I would have gifted it to waste bin, I need not go and take a survey, becos I knw its a crap ad, its you who have to realise. So dont get frustrated, calm down for a moment, listen to Martjin suggestion.

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

@ Crane: Thanks :))

amitcopyfighter

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

Damn, this is a waist of time, don't know why I keep trying.

My little brother has a scooter, exactly like the one your pizza guy has. He has a box that, like every box, you can only open from behind. It's a hard job to access that box when it's close to a wall like this. Even more with 3 big hot pizza's in your hands.

The thing is: maybe I'm right, maybe not, it doesn't matter. If I'm wrong I know a lot of people will probably think like me and say it doesn't work like this. So you already lost a huge part of your target because people don't sit down to understand an ad: the average time people spend on an ad is 2 seconds. Now from the small part that's left an other group just don't agree with it. That's a lot of people missing your message!

How can you say you're a team player without listening to peoples suggestions?

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

@ JCSaiKrishna: Yes i know its not your work but it can be helpful for you. Don't do it for me. Do it for JCSaiKrishna. Do it for a learner who have a chance to understand a very nice concept. Try to get the real picture behind my thought. This is not a crap. When you come to know the real thought you will feel great. & as you are in your learning period, it can be a boost for your career. Go champ... Go...

@ Martijn: Not agreed with your 2 sec. concept. You want to tell me that all long copy ads are waste ? My dear friend, people spent more than 2 sec.to read and understand those creatives.

& i think you have a wrong definition of a team player. Team player listen to their team ( not any individual ).

amitcopyfighter

ad-dictive's picture
ad-dictive
24 pencils

@ Copyfighter: Yes you are right. Team player always listen to their team & I think, you have a very strong team support behind your thought :))

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Absolutely! I have a very very very strong team support :)
Any other question?

amitcopyfighter

richmond2000's picture
richmond2000
16 pencils

I think personally the piece would be better if the bike was pulled away from the wall in front of the other bikes and more across as to say jump on and go and maybe have some of the other bikes chained to the wall as in from over night parking

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Thanks for your suggestion Richmond2000 :)

amitcopyfighter

regrat's picture
regrat
302 pencils

well, the way i see things, this is a nice idea. i do not see the speed element, i thought, you are trying to communicate, that all other pizza guys come for pizza to dominos.. but, it is a nice try...

--
I would never promote Coca Cola.

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Thanks Regrat :)

amitcopyfighter

manumartin5's picture
manumartin5
1202 pencils

arguing for all the wrong logic in the ad.

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Arguing to make things CLEAR!

amitcopyfighter

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

That's possible here, but how do you want to do it if this was a real campaign? Putting a guy with hours of training next to every poster?

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

In that case, i will not go for a real campaign. I am glad to have it in my portfolio :))

amitcopyfighter

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

What portfolio? The one with impossible advertising ideas?

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Impossible is Nothing! Its all on you...

amitcopyfighter

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1900 pencils

Advertising is not a religion, it's common sense.

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

realistically, the different pizza vehicles wont be parked next to each other, if you have seen an actual location where they are next door to each other then you should have taken a snap of that and then the idea would have seemed more impactful

You Are What You Expect

amitcopyfighter
73 pencils

Thanks KBX. Thanks for your VALID suggestion. I will definitely work on it!

amitcopyfighter

Post new comment

We highly appreciate your comments. When commenting please acknowledge the following guidelines: Be respectful and helpful. Do not spam or link drop.