Art Institute

Hiya,

Lately the critique I've been getting is to lessen the amount of steps it takes to reach realization. But that's only been from one CD. Am I far off with these ads? What is good and what is lacking?

Always open to your comments and suggestions,

Leon

Art Institute
Art Institute

6 comments

JCSaiKrishna's picture
JCSaiKrishna
731 pencils

Awesome! Man! You should be some one who got a very gud mentor!

http://twitter.com/JCSaiKrishna
I'm excited to know my mistakes!

suresh.ridle2's picture
suresh.ridle2
80 pencils

Nice ads:) very clear and realistic :)

savastano's picture
savastano
65 pencils

Both are awesome!

HappyHour's picture
HappyHour
2387 pencils

Sorry Leon, I agree with the CD. It's not easy enough to make a connection between the legal pad and fashion (I think of designers using sketchbooks, not legal pads). And with showing the person literally with their "hand on" the photoshop screen, you're basically just showing a literal representation of a figure of speech (hands-on). Maybe the problem is in the copy, because your visuals are awesome (I love the thread one).

Try experimenting with copy ideas other than "hands-on"... Maybe something that says A.I. can offer you a far deeper knowledge and command of graphics/fashion than anyone else. Think simple. Nice work.

neon leon's picture
neon leon
15 pencils

wicked advice, thank you

rebelscum's picture
rebelscum
2114 pencils

Hurm...not sure about this...at first glance I love it and think it's brilliant. The photoshop one especially, since it hilights a beef I have with the industry in general; that Photoshop is not a solution, it's a tool.

But happyHour's right: The loop isn't closing on this somehow. The legal pad comment is 100% bang-on; though the visual is superb, it's not connected to the product. Not knowing anything about fashion design, the first place I go is the mockup mannequin. That's the only thing I know for sure that Fashion Designers use on a daily basis. Maybe there's something there?

All said, I love the "hands-on" approach and wish more art schools would communicate this. It might help stem the tide of lazy designers flooding the job market armed with little more than the phrase "I know Photoshop".

Yes I'm bitter :D

I have thousands of pencils and $1.50 so I'm off to Starbucks

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.