Please review

Please review this video ad I made for my college project.

Product is Bisleri Fruitaqua(fictional product). The product's feature is flavored drinking water. And the ad is for an apple flavor.

(forgive the start and bad quality)

Looking forward for your feedback!

9 comments

danoder's picture
danoder
53 pencils

Ok, I see you've got the whole idea running in your head. The conceptual idea is cool, but you need to work it more, you're almost there! Good luck with your project : )

Guest's picture

Thanks for the review, IMHO its just 50 percent of what it could have been(with special effects and everything:D). But with limited budget this is the best I could do, still I wish the execution could have been a bit better.

jayesh_chill's picture
jayesh_chill
71 pencils

Thanks for the review, IMHO its just 50 percent of what it could have been(with special effects and everything:D). But with limited budget this is the best I could do, still I wish the execution could have been a bit better.

Again thanks :)

dsklan's picture
dsklan
1927 pencils

good, but way too long, 15" - 20" would be enough!

pdavies's picture
pdavies
90 pencils

look, the idea is ok. I'll say its nice. But the execution... did you shoot this with a phone?? you have so much going on, the image goes on slow mo, then goes faster than 24 fps... bad cuts going one after the other.

here's an advice. more than half of your ad is unnecessary. like dsklan said, 20 seconds long should be enough. Before you shoot, do a storyboard. See in how many frames you can convey the message you want to pass. hope you have a better camera next time, because its a nice idea. good luck

jayesh_chill's picture
jayesh_chill
71 pencils

@dsklan, danoder, pdavies
Thanks for the feedback :)

Actually I thought of the ads, which show full version at start of the tv campaign then, after few weeks when the ad/product and the main theme is familiar to the audience they edit it by half(or more). So like that I thought I would make a full version.(and I thought one min was appropriate, which I guess is not)

Except the bad quality, I would really appreciate your feedback on whether the theme suits the product or not, does the USP i.e flavored drinking water is effectively communicated or not, if not what is it that would have made the communication better? Hypothetically speaking, would it have worked in real world?

I apologize if I am pressing for too much.

p.s: I have already submitted my project so the feedback I am hoping to get is just for my learning. Not to score marks:P:D

rpanoop's picture
rpanoop
138 pencils

the idea is nice. here are my suggestions.
1 - The apple floating in the water is a bit long. try to cut it short.
2- The apple falling from the waterfall should directly come out as a bottle of water.
3 - make the character (tourist) shown earlier pick up the bottle from the water and take a sip.
4 - try rewriting the copy in the end. kinda sounds like the line CreativeLand Asia did for Saint Juice.
Hope you dont mind me making it so detailed.

jayesh_chill's picture
jayesh_chill
71 pencils

@rpanoop
1) Point noted :)
2)I didn't get it clearly, but the original idea was an underwater scene of apple going down, and coming up as the bottle.(if that what you meant). Ahh but the limited budget ;)
3) Best suggestion yet. Thanks. :). (BION this was the original idea but my reasons for not doing so might sound as excuses, so never mind that)
4) Saint Juice copied our copy.:D This ad was made a year back in September-October 2008 :)

And yah. Detailed criticisms or suggestions are always better than just saying, I don't like it.

Thanks again.

CurryJ's picture
CurryJ
955 pencils

Do one thing. Do it as a visually led print campaign.

I'll even suggest the visuals for you:

Ad 1: Alexander Newton sitting under a tree with a bottle of apple flavoured Bisleri Fruitaqua hanging from a branch above him.

Ad 2: Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, with Eve handing a bottle of Bisleri FA to Adam

I'm sure you can come up with a third visual.

You're welcome...

================================================
I think; therefore I am

Post new comment

We highly appreciate your comments. When commenting please acknowledge the following guidelines: Be respectful and helpful. Do not spam or link drop.