Recommended readings about starting an advertising firm

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend some good readings for someone looking to start an advertising company?

I've looked around on amazon and various other places, but the books seems to be fairly old (late 90-ish) and I'm worried a lot of the stuff they discuss might not apply any more.

Cheers,
Kenneth

2 comments

Guest's picture

After graduating from college I've been also trying to get my hands on more materials about the advertising field. One book that I've read that I feel still has a lot of relevant information although it is an older book is, Confession of an Advertising Man by David Ogilvy. I highly recommend it.

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

I just finished reading this book http://www.amazon.com/Little-Blue-Book-Advertising-Difference/dp/15918... I wouldn't say it let you know everything about opening your ad agency but there's plenty of helpful information and a view of the inside world of advertising (the author explains various situations and how one should handle them etc). Well worth the $9.99 (i bought mine from Borders for around $20)

"I don't live in Greece, Greece lives in me..."

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.