All my other AOTW Archive rejected spec ads

blah blah, all these submissions got a mail from Ivan or some AOTW staffer saying, i'm sorry i won't be accepting your work, bla bla bla, grrrr. Ya actually they're not good enough, i agree, i just gave it a shot, what the hell. Shoot your nasty comments, fire away, what the hell! The smoke in shit out one may seem weird, but the insight is very very true for any smoker. It should have made it to the main section. Alas, it's here. Lol, that terminator idea is just lol. Watching the trailer of Salvation really late at night, i thought this could make a good idea. Lol, the way i've put it together on photoshop makesit look like a 5 year old's ad. Even i'm dissing it. HEHEHE.

8 comments

ivan's picture
ivan

The problem with these ads lies in lack of strategy.

Ivan Raszl, admin of AotW

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

Strategy - a much used word in Advertising. Ivan, im sure you know what you're talking about coz u see sooo many ads. But a lot of ppl in advertising just use it to make themselves look smarter. I don't know much about strategy, but i'm a big gamer myself, so i know gamers would like the weird idea of using surgical gloves to play, i'm a smoker so i know the need for a cigarette in the morning, and well the first anti smoking one is just coz smoking includes fire, ash and smoke, the mythological picture of hell also i suppose includes those, wish i had a great line to go with it instead. But yes i agree, they're not sellers. Average ideas. But at the time of an idea's conception, a kind of force grips teh mind which makes one think an idea is better than it really is. I suppose you need to have the skills of a good CD to really know the difference. Well i'm working on it. Thanks for your comments, i really appreciate. :)

You Are What You Expect

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

Two of my ideas HAVE made it to the AOTW Archive though - http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/sony_dvd_rw_write_it_a_thousand_t..., http://adsoftheworld.com/media/ambient/anti_smoking_public_service_sticky

Yes, they were much better than these, but, these aren't that bad either, okay...okay...fine, you wanna post nasty comments, bring it on!!

You Are What You Expect

shahidali's picture
shahidali
4063 pencils

i like the pro gaming mice one. good one.
I'm not a gamer. donno whether there r speical requiement for such mouse though.

shahid

kbx911's picture
kbx911
916 pencils

no dude you dont need to wear gloves to use the mice, it is about precision, so "surgical precision" so surgical gloves. damn man. you made me explain my idea in a way that makes even me hate it :)

You Are What You Expect

TRICKY's picture
TRICKY
3935 pencils

keep trying..work hard ..... you will get there ..patience is a virtue

The man who stops advertising to save money is like the man who stops the clock to save time

Gi_bo's picture
Gi_bo
1385 pencils

I´m sorry again, but I think their all bad, including the other two posted. But the good thing is that youré trying really hard. Keep it up. cheers

GiBo

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8391 pencils

How can you call yourself a copy writer if you don't care about the strategy? It's the foundation of any campaign. I know this is all spec ads, but without a minimum of strategy behind them, you'll get nowhere.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.