AIDS Awareness

Explaination:

The ad is in the form of a Poster for a Super hit Bollywood film of the yore... titled "Roti Kapda aur Makaan!" (meaning "Food, Clothing and Shelter"). The movie was a huge hit among the masses, specially the lower segments of the society!

The ad is the same as the poster for the movie, the only additional twist being "CONDOM" written in Hindi after "SHELTER"... So it reads as "FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER and CONDOMS"

AIDS is rampant among the Lower Segments of the society, in India. Positioning condoms as a part of "must haves" is a known insight, and in this case it is done in a good way.

Art:Naresh Dhondi

Please Comments

AIDS Awareness

20 comments

everartz's picture
everartz
7611 pencils

what the hell is this??
--
Everartz

| Everartz |

HotRod13's picture
HotRod13
4 pencils

Lmfaoo.. its funny!
so basically its a famous Indian cinema poster that was released in 1974, and it was named after three basic needs of a happy human being.. "Roti, Kapada, Makan" meaning "Food, Clothes, and House" <-- that was the movie name. Now this poster has forth need written in the bottom, and thats "Condom"... LOL
Don't know where do people get these ideas from?? but I definitely found it funny!!

Kamikaze's picture
Kamikaze
716 pencils

Hey everartz! i don't blame you for this! Coz this pull caters to the local Indian flavour. The ad is in the form of a Poster for a Super hit Bollywood film of the yore... titled "Roti Kapda aur Makaan!" (meaning "Food, Clothing and Shelter"). The movie was a huge hit among the masses, specially the lower segments of the society!

The ad is the same as the poster for the movie, the only additional twist being "CONDOM" written in Hindi after "SHELTER"...
So it reads as "FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER and CONDOMS"

I feel it's a wonderful insight and talks to the Target, in a language that is easily understood by them. AIDS is rampant among the Lower Segments of the society, in India. Positioning condoms as a part of "must haves" is a known insight, and in this case it is done in a good way.

hey Naresh! Nice ad u've got there. keep it up! And i hope i have come clean as far as explaining the ad is concerned. Cheers!

- The trick to forgetting the big picture is to look at everything close-up.

naresh's picture
naresh
298 pencils

Thank u very much Kamikaze for ur comments

Noddy

naresh's picture
naresh
298 pencils

Thanks for ur comments dear friends

Noddy

naresh's picture
naresh
298 pencils

Please comments

Noddy

Davosk's picture
Davosk
4815 pencils

Baad.

Righteousone's picture
Righteousone
779 pencils

U are posting a very culturally linked ad on an international forum. u don't give ANY explanation. If it wasn't for Kamikaze I still wouldn't know what the hell this was.

so, how can people give useful comments on this?

my word of advice is to post this on an Indian forum or something.

naresh's picture
naresh
298 pencils

Thank u Pienter for ur usefull comments

Noddy

Righteousone's picture
Righteousone
779 pencils

that's what I'm saying, we can't give usefull comments because you're not giving any explanation.

so i hope you weren't being sarcastic

capton john's picture
capton john
640 pencils

hum! Nice ad! I liked idea & execution both! keep it up man!

Think, Act, Invent.

Think, Act, Invent.
www.narendrakeshkar.com

everartz's picture
everartz
7611 pencils

my comment to this work is the same as pienter's comment, that this is a very culture related topic, we the none indians can not understand it and wont be able to give the constructive opinion about it, so i also suggest having a section for indian works made in indian language.
--
Everartz

| Everartz |

naresh's picture
naresh
298 pencils

Thanks for ur useful comments

I know its not work in international ad forum and i didn't explain abt the poster

thanks dear "Kamikaze" im using ur explaination for my AIDS Awareness poster

Thank u very one again to all
and Happy New Year 2008

Noddy

priyanka_sabnis's picture
priyanka_sabnis
228 pencils

its the easiest thing anyone could think of...i guess you should dig a lil more.

i have seen many similar ads...e.g.
Poster of Kyun ho gaya na saying 'Kyun ho gaya na AIDS'
Poster of Kaun saying 'kaun dumd'

Having said tht...i quite like the execution. so keep it up.
all the best!

J.Zdaniuk's picture
J.Zdaniuk
74 pencils

Effective. Originality is fine, but sometimes the message is more important than some ground-breaking new creative direction. I think this message is too important to make confusing, basically bulls-eye, I think you've scored a direct hit.

naresh's picture
naresh
298 pencils

Thanks J.Zdaniuk for ur comments

Noddy

naresh's picture
naresh
298 pencils

I want some more comments on this poster to improve.

Noddy

naresh's picture
naresh
298 pencils

WORLD AIDS DAY

Noddy

funky_frogii's picture
funky_frogii
2536 pencils

like it........

infected by a virus called creative
http://addot.blogspot.com/

Infected by a virus called CREATIVE | "And ya I Love Everything"
http://addot.blogspot.com | http://creativecreepers.blogspot.com

HotRod13's picture
HotRod13
4 pencils

Lmfaoo.. its funny!
so basically its a famous Indian cinema poster that was released in 1974, and it was named after three basic needs of a happy human being.. "Roti, Kapada, Makan" meaning "Food, Clothes, and House" <-- that was the movie name. Now this poster has forth need written in the bottom, and thats "Condom"... LOL
Don't know where do people get these ideas from?? but I definitely found it funny!!