Happy New Year, buddies!

It's not an ad.
I'm just wishing everyone Happy New Year, 2014.
Have a blast!
Cheers. :)

Happy New Year, buddies!

6 comments

bardhanjoy's picture
bardhanjoy
176 pencils

"You can do anything you set your mind to, man" - Eminem

Joydeep Bardhan

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8393 pencils

I think I see what you tried to do here, but it is way too gloomy. To the point where it just looks like a cry for attention from a depressed bum. And that's really not appealing.

I would change the main line with "I'm going kill my old self" and remove that terrible cross (which doesn't look like a christian cross at all, if that's what you were going for). Change that black for something way more colorful. Nobody is interested by something so sad and depressive.

The body copy is also a bit over the top. Too many lists of words. Go for a few simple well constructed sentences. Simplify it.

I like the font you used for the copy, but the one for "happy new year" is really terrible, straight out DaFont.

Good luck.

PS: again, the first commenter is just a spammer. Dismiss any comments with a link in their signature (except me of course =)

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

bardhanjoy's picture
bardhanjoy
176 pencils

Aye aye sir.... :)

Joydeep Bardhan

bardhanjoy's picture
bardhanjoy
176 pencils

@ Shawali: Hey have you considered going to bottom1girdle's [spammer] link just once....!
I mean same spam staff as usual for fitness, but man who wrote the lines for that hunk! It was awesome- informative and to the point.
The guy in that video almost made me convinced!
I even went to their site to figure out what it is all about, frankly to hear what more he has to offer.
Pure old school stuff. He should post that video in here. It will become an eye opener for many copywriters.
And just for clarification, I'm not with him...! :)

Joydeep Bardhan

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8393 pencils

I'm watching the video right now and, on top of being super annoying, it's just a shameless certified scam. Promises you crazy results without any effort, before/after picture, 100% positive comment section, the whole shebang... It's scamming 101. Don't fall for that shit.

The guy just left you a overtly positive feedback just to hook you up and make you say "hey, this guy is cool, let's check out his link". Seems like it worked on you.

Again, don't believe any of that crap. You will just loose time and money. The comment will be deleted eventually anyway.

EDIT: it has been deleted =)

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

bardhanjoy's picture
bardhanjoy
176 pencils

Ok....I got it.

Joydeep Bardhan

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.