World Blood Donor Day

World Blood Donor Day
World Blood Donor Day
World Blood Donor Day

5 comments

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
205 pencils

I like these ads overall. I think that you might want to work on the headlines a bit. In my opinion, it sort of reads funny. For the surgery ad maybe something like, "You're Not a Surgeon...But You can Still Save Lives." Just try to condense your message a bit more so that you can still get the message across, but in fewer words. (in print ads it's usually wiser to go the "fewer is better" route.

I think visually they are very well done. I'm not too sure about using a drawn car instead of real one, but that's my opinion. However, I don't think the last ad about the super-hero works with the picture of a halo. Halo's to me represent angels. Maybe you could have a picture of a comic book or something that translates more to super-heroes.

Keep it up, I think you're on to something.

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1375 pencils

Commenting to follow later. I agree that the insight is there, just need to execute it in a way that's more interesting. Copy is kinda...bleh. Have a native English speaker check your grammar. Looking forward to seeing where these end up.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8385 pencils

I agree, the insight is totally viable, but the end result doesn't do it justice. There is so much cool stuff you can do, these three executions are really plain and not interesting.

I would also rephrase your copy, they don't sound right. Keep it simple: "you are not a surgeon, but...", "you are not a super hero, but"... By the way, #1 and #3 boils down to be the same thing.

Anyway, good job on that insight.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

Kathp29's picture
Kathp29
33 pencils

I think that the idea is there, just maybe needs to be cleaned up a bit.

janaka illangarathne's picture
janaka illangarathne
197 pencils

good idea. need good execution

Post new comment

We highly appreciate your comments. When commenting please acknowledge the following guidelines: Be respectful and helpful. Do not spam or link drop.