Prego concept

Please critique my concept. Let me know what you think of the visual & copy.

Thanks!

Prego concept

5 comments

shanuea's picture
shanuea
781 pencils

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.

It's just a picture that has been photoshopped together. With a bottle of the sauce on the table. Is there some kind of concept that I haven't noticed?

I will say this though - the product has quite an unfortunate name.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
4060 pencils

i think the reason you didnt understand is because some of the eyes in the picture need fixing.
the idea is that as the grandparents serve/present the grand dish that the desirous family presumably await, they're all staring at the prego instead of at the big dish.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
4060 pencils

i personally love it.

hilarious.

obv, the execution could be improved on, but im sure you knew that.

did you come up with "it's in there" or is that already the concept of the brand?
either way, im not really sure it goes with the visual. and if you didnt come up with it, you shouldnt use it in your portfolio

shanuea's picture
shanuea
781 pencils

Okay - problems with that concept:

The sauce I'm pretty sure is not a condiment but something you put in whilst you're cooking - so there's no reason for it to be on the table.
The idea of them looking at the sauce as opposed to the meal is not at all funny in my opinion.
Also the look of the ad is old fashioned - it looks like an ad from the 50's.

Sorry, but I think it's pretty awful.

But keep trying!

saturnerin's picture
saturnerin
8 pencils

Thanks for the feedback. I am more of a graphic designer than a ad person. I wanted to play around with the Norman Rockwell painting. I doubt anyone could realistically use this illustration in their work.

Post new comment

We highly appreciate your comments. When commenting please acknowledge the following guidelines: Be respectful and helpful. Do not spam or link drop.