SARIDON AD. Headache Relief Tablets

saridon is a commonly used pain relief medicine for severe or mild headaches.Any critique is most welcome.

SARIDON AD. Headache Relief Tablets

9 comments

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8393 pencils

http://www.creativeadawards.com/bayer-aspirin-bombs-3/

This too much of a first idea, as in the first thing one would think about for an aspirin ad. So much so that it's been done already.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

nik_hunter's picture
nik_hunter
18 pencils

Its' not about who did it first.It's about how well the idea has been executed simply and effectively.The aspirin bomb ads would hardly get noticed or understood by people who are not into advertising.For someone not into advertising, the aspirin bomb ad is a tough visual to understand.From a designers pov the aspirin ads work for me but from a common consumers pov they don't.

Justin Turco's picture
Justin Turco
178 pencils

Huh?

First of all, it is about who did it first. If it's been done before (especially if it's been done well), it's hard to break through the clutter. You can respect the execution, sure, but if it's not original, it won't engage anybody.

Secondly, the "bomb" visual is a perfect representation of how a headache feels. It is definitely "first idea" territory, but how could you not understand it? When you have a headache, you feel like your head will explode. It's a good, simple insight. Unfortunately, it's an insight that was explored many times in the past however many years, so the ad isn't fresh or unique.

nik_hunter's picture
nik_hunter
18 pencils

"The "bomb" visual is a perfect representation of how a headache feels.When you have a headache, you feel like your head will explode. It's a good, simple insight".This is exactly what i have done kept it simple & easy to understand. I agree that idea is not fresh or unique. But why would i put the hair on fire like they did in aspirin bomb ad,that too without any copy.It's confusing.
You seem like an intelligent person it's easy for you to figure out ads, what they mean, without any copy or so..But there are people out there not so intelligent(like me) to figure out such ads,i just tried to make it simpler.
Let me put it like this, take my ad and aspirin ad, remove the copy and product name from both the ads.Just keep the imagery, which ad is more visually communicating now.If you still don't get it then sir i'm sorry i made the ad.
I can't comment any more.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8393 pencils

I don't really get your point.

But the bottom line is, if this a spec ad, destined to be put in your portfolio and showcased to creative directors, well this is really not good. I kinda agree that it's not always about who got the idea first. But when two people of the same GREAT idea at two different times, and totally coincidentally, it's OK.

But when you just go with the most obvious idea ever that must have been in countless student portfolios, then it only says that you're not very creative, you settle for the easy way and you didn't do much research. In other word, it's a major turn off and CD will have a negative opinion of you, as budding creative.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

Justin Turco's picture
Justin Turco
178 pencils

Dude, you're just making yourself seem stupid.

a) I can see that you've kept it easy to understand. The concept is very clear.
b) If you are aware that it is not simple or unique, you shouldn't have been pushed to do it in the first place.
c) If you can convey a message visually with no copy, that's a plus. Your ad would work just as well with no copy at all, but it could work for any headache medicationm which is why it's not a fresh idea.
d) Don't sell yourself short. It's not hard to figure out ads if they're done well. If you feel like you need to help people understand your idea using unnecessary elements, you're probably falling behind on the execution.
e) If you take your ad, and the aspirin ad and removed all the copy, it would be the exact same idea done twice. If you can't see that, then I'm also sorry you made the ad.

citizenzen's picture
citizenzen
20 pencils

I have nothing against the concept, though I do agree it's not the most original. I mostly have some quibbles with the execution. These are picky but please bear with me. The top of the bomb where the fuse is attached should be rounder, as if it were pointing more towards the back instead of nearly straight up. And this may just be me ... but the bomb somewhat resembles a traditional Chinese top knot hairstyle. This is accentuated by his skin color and the fact that pulling at his face causes his eyes to slant. I understand it's not intentional, but my mind conjures up a racial stereotype.

shanuea's picture
shanuea
781 pencils

My teacher said to me - your first idea is not your own.

If you can put a new spin on an old idea - then it may work. But take this ad for example - I've never seen it done this way before but the core concept has been done to death - no matter how good your execution is if the core concept is now boring to everyone - your ad is boring.

Concept always shines through.

alexmancan101's picture
alexmancan101
42 pencils

The bomb is like a headache......owwwww.

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.