Tutor revisited

Campaign I've revisited now for the third time. I think I've got it right this time.

Tutor revisited
Tutor revisited
Tutor revisited

8 comments

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1389 pencils

Oi, I don't remember what I said about these the first time around, but let's see how it goes this time. First, I don't think that tutor.com is really the best "product" for these. Something like "Mentor.net" would probably be better. Tutors are for kids who are falling behind in math or are failing their chemistry class. Mentors are for people who are trying to become something better. I see a tutor for an hour a week until I pass a class, I keep a mentor for my entire life. SO, swap that product around. Second, the executions are all pretty much the same, just with names changed around. The first time I'm like "Oh, ok." The second and third times I'm like "Meh." I think that with that idea, you can be more playful with it. The third one is getting closer because it has a play on words, but I still think you can have better lines that make people think. This is one of those products that you can present people with all kinds of cool facts that make them think. You might be able to find awesome mentor/mentee relationships that nobody really knew about before. Also, if it's mentor instead of tutor, you open up your ads to all kinds of successful people, not just scholars. You could have musicians, artists, scientists, athletes, etc. Just my two cents.

mattndan's picture
mattndan
953 pencils

My 2 cents. As someone who's seeing these for the first time, I have no idea what's going on here or what you want me to do.

What's the idea?

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8421 pencils

I'm with mattndan, beside the fact that i've seen these lines before.

My question is : how the fact that they are spayed on a wall is relevant to the client?

I think theses lines are way too generic. You need to be more specific or at least push the idea further. For example, what would it look like if the Alexander didn't meet Aristotle?

For now, you're just name dropping. You got to go beyond that.

Good luck!

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

campbellcoha's picture
campbellcoha
329 pencils

Matt, the insight is that you may not know your potential unless you have someone there to guide you. The walls are used to target troubled kids in their own environment.

Portfoliosoup.com

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1389 pencils

I thought the idea here was pretty clear, even the first time that I saw them way back when. If your target is inner-city kids, however, you might want to find people who are more relatable than old Greek philosophers. Given the track record of CPS by where I live, I think you're pushing it even expecting kids to know who these people are. Just sayin'.

mattndan's picture
mattndan
953 pencils

So a guide will help me to realise my full potential?

I think one problem with troubled kids is that they might not think they have any potential. And Greek philosophers mean nothing to me, even if I do know who they are.

I'm not sure how to advise you on this, but I'll have a think. The message isn't clear at the moment.

campbellcoha's picture
campbellcoha
329 pencils

Don't worry about it.

Portfoliosoup.com

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8421 pencils

When I said these were too generic, I was thinking they should go more like this : http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/the-hot-new-london-street-graffiti-...

Get into the detailed, get specific.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094