Hubba Bubba concepts
Hubba Bubba concepts
Hubba Bubba concepts
Hubba Bubba concepts

8 comments

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1365 pencils

Thanks for posting, forum has been dead for the past week. Umm, bubble wrap = inedible. I'm not sure you really want to go that direction. The one with the brick wall, kinda interesting but it looks like paint. I'm getting more strategy there than I am from the others. Last one, I really have no idea of what you're trying to say.

crisp's picture
crisp
1506 pencils

The last one is about people who like to exaggerate things (inflating the truth). Maybe it made sense only in my language (or just in my head :)). The third one is done in a hurry, not wanting to spend too much time on it if it's no good. If I decide to keep it I'll work more on it. Thought it could work as guerilla too (huge balloon blasts in parks and playgrounds).
Thanks JT for the feedback.

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1365 pencils

Yeah, last one is just in your head xD haha. There could be an idea behind the third one, I just don't know what. Tell me your strategy for these and we'll see if we can't find something interesting to go with.

crisp's picture
crisp
1506 pencils

My strategy for the third one is still under construction :). To promote the massive bubbles in a simple and fun way I thought of some "out of control" bubble blasts scattered around the city (streets, playgrounds, parks), as kids would love to be out of the parents'control, school rules etc and so are the hubba bubba bubbles,
In print seems too simplistic to me. I thought of doing it as a guerilla, maybe combined with online somehow. I'm thinking of pink and purple decals resembling huge bubble blasts as if someone would have popped a hubba bubba bubble there and splashed the building. Bubbles appear on an online map, in certain places and kids would pop them there. After popping it, the blast would appear in that place, on the street. This way coloring the city and making it more fun. Maybe place the decals on abandoned buildings, or those that are under construction, to give them a more colourful face.... I don't know, sounds impossible to do, technically but kind of fun to see the colored blasts around the city.
A way to do it would be an interactive game projected on a building and you can pop huge bubbles there (like bubble blast game).
As you can see, i'm still thinking of a way to do it, in a simple, fun and interractive way. And technically possible too :)
So, am I on a good track here, should I give it more thought or abandon the ship, immediately?

mattndan's picture
mattndan
955 pencils

I like the last one.

"It's all in your head" could be a fun line to work with, seeing as you never swallow it. It would help to explain the idea a bit more.

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1365 pencils

This isn't really good feedback but I'm just thinking of Pulp Fiction where he shoots Marvin in the face in the car, and blood splatters all over the inside. Except yours is Hubba Bubba xD idk why, but that made me laugh for some reason.

citizenzen's picture
citizenzen
20 pencils

I know ... bubble wrap? I felt the same way as you. But what would a kid think? I bet they'd be totally into it. Overall I like the product, I like the packaging and I like the campaign.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
4060 pencils

clio winner hubba bubba had the concept "blow it out of proportion"

http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/2010/12/wrigleys-hubba-bubba-ninjam-shark...