Hubba Bubba

Hubba Bubba
Hubba Bubba

3 comments

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1391 pencils

Can you walk me through the strat for this one? Are you saying it's good for blowing bubbles or that it's good for picking up women? If I'm putting gum in my mouth, though, usually it makes it harder to talk. Also, I think you're limiting yourself by using mimes in your ads. It could work just as well (assuming it's working right now) with normal folks in it. Also, you're using pretty much the same execution for both of these. Try to think of other variants. And last, try to think a bit about your target market. The second one's working better for me just because it's for younger folks. GL, I like the product choice and I'm looking forward to seeing some other executions for these.

P.S.: +1 for nice illustrations.

crisp's picture
crisp
1506 pencils

The idea is, that when you're young and meet someone new, you don't know what to say at first, those awkward moments of silence when you just don't find the proper words, you chew the gum or play with the cup or anythingelse cause you don't know how to break that silence (that's why the mims and the empty bubbles).
The bubble is a fun way to break that awkward silence

Thanks for commenting, I'll try think of some other concepts too (although I kind of liked this one :[ )

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1391 pencils

Well, blowing bubbles seems more like an avoidance thing to me. It doesn't really break the silence or tension, it just accentuates it. So I think you're really saying the opposite of what you just described. It's more like the "Need a minute?" Twix pause campaign which, sadly, has already been done.