Omega

Live every moment.

Omega

11 comments

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1391 pencils

Sending the wrong message here. You're saying that I can't control time, and that it keeps slipping away from me. The implication is that paying attention to every single second and problem is undesirable, and therefore owning a watch becomes undesirable. So you should just live your life freely and focus on what's important. How does this give me an incentive to own an Omega?

Trollolo's picture
Trollolo
16 pencils

why dont you explain what;s the incentive on this ad to own a pair of Nike shoes? http://www.tagroom.com/wp-content/uploads/Removed-Blade-Runner-Nike-ad...

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1391 pencils

1) There aren't any shoes in the ad; it's probably for the clothing 2) The approach of almost ANY Nike "Just Do It" ad that's on point as far as strategy is the connection of the brand to not making excuses or quitting. Guy in this ad has no legs, yet he can still run. So what is YOUR excuse as the reader for not getting up and exercising? The ad applies to life as well as sports, and the "Just Do It" tagline says to stop putting things off and just get it done. My incentive as the reader to buy Nike gear is that I agree with the position of the ads, and I want to affiliate myself with go-getters and people who work hard instead of making excuses. Nike makes a statement about life, I agree with the statement, therefore I wear Nike.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8415 pencils

I think we got ourselves a brand new troll. Let's see how long he will last.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

Trollolo's picture
Trollolo
16 pencils

Not long... I wont have as much free time anymore since I start working next week.. so.. unlike you... (and judging from your track) I do have a life outside posting "no psa, its been done, i don't like it, it doesn't work" just for the sake of it..

From what I am seeing you and jteslik are the two clowns running the show here telling everybody what do as If you were the shit!! how many Clios you have?? as far as I'm concern you are are nobody... Oh and Btw.. you work sucks too!! so whats the point of critiquing if you, yourself, cant do it properly.. at least you have some Graphic Designer background but jteslik got ads made in word.. LOL.

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1391 pencils

Well good luck with your work, and smart move not having your contact information on here. Wouldn't want your employer to find out how closed-minded, inarticulate and narcissistic you are. If you'd actually read any of my comments about others' works, you'd know that they're always constructive. And if you'd actually paid attention to strategy instead of criticizing my design ability (on a parody ad, no less), then maybe you could have learned something here or helped someone make a better campaign. Instead, in true hypocrite fashion, you've decided to pursue some kind of personal vendetta because someone didn't like your ad for shoe polish. Come back when you're an adult.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8415 pencils

@Charris.eo Haha, you're funny.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

Trollolo's picture
Trollolo
16 pencils

Right.. and regular consumer will look at the ad, they will think " I agree with the position of the ads, and I want to affiliate myself with go-getters and people who work hard instead of making excuses" (bullshit) and run to the store to buy a new pair of shoes ;) genius.

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1391 pencils

Have you even studied advertising? That's exactly how it works. Or do you have so much contempt for your own profession that you believe you're suckering people into buying what you sell? And in the grand scheme of conspicuous consumption, you feel that you don't even have to give people a REASON to buy your product? What kind of world are you living in?

Trollolo's picture
Trollolo
16 pencils

i think this ad has a sweet visual. Not sure about the copy but i love the layout.

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1391 pencils

I'd just like to apologize to the OP for this thread hijack. If you'd like to repost, I'll make sure it stays bumped until you get some decent feedback.