Barnes and noble

Idea for Barnes and Noble Definitive collection

A collection of the greatest books throughout time.

Comments?

Barnes and noble

7 comments

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1377 pencils

What is your strategy here?

raylaw24's picture
raylaw24
93 pencils

The books in "the definitive" collection are ones that shaped humanity and transformed the way we think about our lives, interactions with others, etc.

I wanted to show the audience the impact that classic books like "The Prince", "The Republic", or "Leviathon" have on being an enlightened human being. And I came up with this idea

raylaw24's picture
raylaw24
93 pencils

I was hoping this could be a one shot deal for my portfolio....thoughts?

WireDino's picture
WireDino
237 pencils

So your concept and selling point is very compelling. The whole, "books impact generations" is a very true and strong sentiment. Having said that... this ad is not executed properly. Is there another way you can show your concept? The evolution diagram thing has been done to death. Having it shown this way just takes away from the interesting concept. So keep the insight, but find out what else can be done with it. Maybe think about how it can be turned into a campaign, too. The evolution diagram really limits the creativity.

mattndan's picture
mattndan
953 pencils

First thought execution, but interesting concept.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8390 pencils

I love the idea, but it is indeed ruined by the execution.

Try to come up with real looking book holders in the shape of a monkey and a sapiens.

Also, try to campaign it out. I'm pretty sure you could apply the same concept to different kinds of books.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1377 pencils

I agree with the bookends comment. The fact that they function as bookends is probably what I like most about this. Everything else is kind of...meh. I can't tell whether the books you're selling are for molecular biology, history, or any number of subjects because the Darwin theme is too broad.

What would also be interesting is if you took different popular book series and made bookends of the main character(s) for the start and the end. That's actually something that I might buy, too :P But if you can find one image to encompass the first and last books, this could be very do-able. Also good for bookend sales as people might buy a set for each series. OH NOES MARKETING SCHEME!!! xD

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.