Niman Ranch (student work)

9 comments

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1383 pencils

Not a terrible idea. My biggest problem with this is that it's not really a campaign: it's the same ad three times. Changing the word beef to pork and slapping a pig on it doesn't make it another idea. You have to think of something in the same realm, but different. What I'd probably do is keep one headline as "The best part of our meat is the part we leave out," and think of two other unique headlines that go in the same direction. Like "In our day, if you wanted something to get fatter you just fed it more." Blah blah blah condescending southern voice. I really think you could have something going here if you just give yourself a little more room to be creative and don't limit yourself to this animal parts format. You can even keep the "A Cut Above" as your tagline as long as you don't claim it as your own. I might also put it at the bottom so it's more of a payoff. Last thing I'm going to say is there's no real USP here; it could be for any meat company. But it kind of works regardless, if you give it a unique kind of tone.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8395 pencils

Really great art direction, except maybe the general lay out (for the last one, the headline part is not centered)

Not sure of the idea, though. It's a bit meh.

And call me stupid, but I don't understand the line "the best part of our beef is the part we leave out".

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

adri10288's picture
adri10288
337 pencils

I like the insight and message...My only thing is that the visual icon representing the 'bad thing' is on the actual animal - a bit confusing because you're saying that said part is left out. Maybe it'd look better if it was left outside of the animal...or something.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
4060 pencils

i actually like it the way it is cus it gives it a nicer contrast. like saying something by saying the opposite. and it works cus it's completely understood.

i FEEL like this has to have had been done before, but idk. anyways, i agree completely with everything jtsek said

shanuea's picture
shanuea
781 pencils

The 'is what we leave out' part doesn't read very easily - especially considering this line is the punchline, you should think about clarifying it.

mike11's picture
mike11
268 pencils

OK, I finally got around to making revisions on these. Better?

shanuea's picture
shanuea
781 pencils

Now it's sending the wrong message. I know what you're saying but it reads - "The best part of our beef is the bit we leave out - the steroids/pills/chemicals."

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1383 pencils

I agree with this. I thought they read fine before.

Siddarth Basavaraj's picture
Siddarth Basavaraj
1673 pencils

I like the layouts.

Love creating ads..

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.