A Question on Advertising here in ADotW

Hello folks,

So like a lot of people in the world, I have no idea what the hell I want to do. Advertising seems like a good idea, having my own communication background and being obsessed with art and seduction. Frankly not sure if my romanticized vision will match reality, since I'm only now looking for a job in Advertising, some agency that might hit me off in Amsterdam, but lets give it a try.

So maybe someone might help me with this one... Most ads I see here seem one dimensional, and yet most case studies in agency websites are multi-layered, integrated, and overall complex and cohesive.

I don't get it. What are agencies looking for these days? I attempt to build campaigns more than ads, because these seem more realistic than the many one-hit ideas around. Mind you, no disdain is given to those, rather the fact that I don't understand how between what I see here and and I see agencies showing off, it seems to mismatch so much.

Of someone well integrated in the field, what really goes around? What is really valued for an agency? Being someone trying to break in, what would cause the most stir?

Any insights? And off we go for a first post.

1 comment

ivan's picture

Anything that hasn't been done before will be appreciated.