If you love the creative side of advertising, then you need to read this.

a few weeks ago a few of us got together and decided that if you really want to test your creative abilities, you need to do two things. 1) have someone give you a product to do an ad for, instead of already having an idea for an ad and then placing a product inside it. i.e. having an idea for a car ad and then placing a Lexus inside the ad. And 2) You need to have something to strive for. You need a little competition in order to really give it your all. That's why we created a game, of sorts, that allows you to do this. This game allows you to pit your creative abilities against others on this site and helps you become a better creative. It also let's you do what this site is meant to do, and that's interact with the other creatives who are here. You'll get the chance to make connections with people already in the business. Or maybe find a CW or AD that you can work with and help each other build your portfolios. But most importantly, you'll get to make new friends that share the same passion and love for the creative side of advertising that you do. I haven't been a member of this site long, but I have met some really cool, creative people that I would have never been able to meet otherwise. I urge everybody on this site to just give this game a try. It's really as close as you can get to actually being in an agency, without being in an agency, and it's a lot of fun. Okay, I've talked you ears enough, so if your interested in doing this, here's the original thread you can use to get involved.

http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/121716.

Oh, and for more of what the game is like, look for the Emergen-C post that's on the exhibition page.

Take care and hope to be playing against you soon. :)

Post new comment

Thank you for commenting. Please do not spam, be elaborate, respectful and helpful.