Let's play a little game

Since I, and I'm sure a lot of you, can't help but pick easy product to do ads for (and usually have an idea and then match it to a product) I thought we could play a game and it goes like this: The first person to reply to this post, recommends a product for me and whoever else wants to participate to do an ad on. We, then, post our work for critique (and rate from 1-5) and whoever has the best ad gets to pick the next product for the competition. If you do participate, you have to rate every ad posted, except your own. Hopefully this will challenge us to make ads for products we find "hard", and get more people involved in this forum. If you are reading this and are interested in participating say so in your comment just so we get an idea how many people are playing. Once we figure out how many people want to participate, and we know of the product we 're working on we can discuss when it is due.

25 comments

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8440 pencils

Good idea, Hellas.

Here's a product you can rub your creativity against : an electric heater. That's the first thing I laid my on eyes on after having read your post.

Enjoy!

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
251 pencils

Sounds good to me. I've actually tried to have friends give me products to try and simulate the CW/client bond. Are we going to try and do ads for a universally known product? I'm asking because some products aren't available everywhere.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8440 pencils

If the ad is good, you'll know what the product's for, even if you never heard of it before.

=)

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

electric heater huh? hmm..that's a little challenging I was hoping for condoms or hot sauce lol

Shawali, since you picked the first product do you care what brand/model we do the ad for? That way we can look it up online and find more info on it and if there's a usp. I mean, for ex. there's a difference if you do an ad for (any) condom vs doing an ad for a condom that's ultra thin and/or comes in different flavors. But it is up to you, if you want to get more specific it 'll be more helpful (easier to brainstorm), more challenging in a way and more realistic as a project.

I should have my ad ready within 2 days and I will post in the exhibition.

tip: whoever decides to participate, it's a good idea to post a link to this thread, along with the ad on the exhibition section. That way people will know why there are more than 1 ad for the same product posted, and hopefully we can get more people to participate that normally don't read dungeon threads.

"I don't live in Greece, Greece lives in me..."

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8440 pencils

I'd say anyone who participate can choose what aspect of the product he advertises on.

That way, we can have different approaches, provided that more than 2 people decide to partipate =)

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
251 pencils

What's the deadline for the project? I like to think I'm fast but I'm pretty sure mine won't be up in 2 days ;-P Other than that question, let's do this. :)

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

Sounds good, Shawali. So far we have 3 people participating (me, you and fixit), that's good enough for now and hopefully we'll get more by the deadline or next product.

Fixit, I will start brainstorming now and if I come with something creative will post it by tomorrow or day after. I say you take your time, but just so we have a set date let's make a deadline in a week from now, so the 9th of the month (that way we give people time to participate who read this between now and then). If you need more time just let us know by the 9th, so we can "wait" for you.

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
251 pencils

That works for me.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8440 pencils

I didn't know I was supposed to do a campaign too =)

I'm swamped with work these days, so I can't promise I'll come up with anything...

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
251 pencils

Hey Shawali. If you're talking about where I said "project, " I was meaning the single print ad. Sorry about the confusion.

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

It's ok Shawali, I just assumed you would participate because you answered my post, my bad, And yeah we're doing a single ad (and i'm pretty much done with mine, just debating if i need copy)

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

Mine's posted!

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
251 pencils

Hey guys. I'm trying to get my ad done by tomorrow, but some things have come up and I may need a few more days, just let me know if this is cool or not. I'm still trying to get it done by tomorrow though.

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

Take your time fixit. It's not like we have a choice considering it's just us 2 participating in this lol

toddmagee's picture
toddmagee
51 pencils

Just came across this post. I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Hopefully we can start to build a larger community of people who want to participate. Sounds like I've missed the first project, but count me in for the next round!

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

todd, If you want to participate in this project I say you go for it. Hopefully Fixit will has his ad ready within the next couple/few days, so you still have time. I think it's better to delay the deadline as long as we have more participants, so if you need more time than, let's say a week, just ask for more time.

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
251 pencils

Hey guys. I finally managed to finish my ad. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Overall I'm pleased with it, but let me know how you feel.

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

Hi guys,
I think Todd won this one (even though people didn't really rate the ads). So Todd, you wanna pick a new product? And I say this time whoever's participating and has his ad ready to send it to me (or someone else) just so they can all be uploaded at once and that way all ads will get the same exposure on the main forum and have people pick one of the ads as the winner (after they critique or whatever they'll say I pick #1 to win, for ex)

toddmagee's picture
toddmagee
51 pencils

Cool. I had a great time doing this, it was great to see what others came up with. I was hoping that we would find a way to get all of the ads in one post, so I'm glad that you addressed that issue. How should we send them to you once they're ready?

I recently started to come down with a cold and so I took some Emergen-C (http://www.emergenc.com/) so I thought it would be fun to do something with that.

Off Topic: I'm new so I'm not sure if there's a way to flag posts so that you receive notification when someone has commented on that post. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
251 pencils

Yeah, Todd definitely won this one. I like the Emergen-C idea Todd. What is the timeline on this one? I promise to get this one done in a timely manner. ;-P

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

you guys wanna have this due on the 31st? I can have mine ready a lot sooner just want to make sure everyone has time.

toddmagee's picture
toddmagee
51 pencils

31st sounds good to me. Hellas how should we get you our ad once we're done?

Mr. Fixit's picture
Mr. Fixit
251 pencils

It sounds like the 31st it is. :-) Yeah Hellas, I'm with Todd. How do we send our stuff to you so you can post it?

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

you can e-mail them to me at nasos.hellas@hotmail.com I will post the ads February 1st, unless I receive the ads from both of you sooner and then I will post them as soon as I get them. But 31st is the last day and they get posted on the 1st. Good luck to you all!

Hellas's picture
Hellas
1172 pencils

New product: LifeLock http://www.lifelock.com/?promocodehide=SHAREASALE&SSAID=275007
Deadline: March 7
Send your ads by March 7 to nasos.hellas@hotmail.com Winner gets to pick product for next round.