McDonalds Euro Stunner

Spec ad for 1 Euro burger from McDonalds. I'm curious whether you guys think this works.

Stefan Apswoude & Jaap Grolleman.

McDonalds Euro Stunner

15 comments

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8385 pencils

Feels very much like a first idea. Too literal.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

borisblackbox's picture
borisblackbox
17 pencils

i like the simplicity lol surprised this has never been done before.

Bob.C's picture
Bob.C
1135 pencils

It works but it's a bit bland, not much fun. Font for burger needs altering to be a bit clearer

Andrew001's picture
Andrew001
8 pencils

Hi All,I am new one and just enjoying a good artistic work here.Please be cool for any no need question . Its a very nice and simple.I agree with that why not the different color of text Burger.

Jaap Grolleman's picture
Jaap Grolleman
7004 pencils

I copied the design of the Euro coin, if I'd change the colour of the text it'd lose the idea.

Jaap Grolleman's picture
Jaap Grolleman
7004 pencils

Thanks for the comments guys. It's not a first idea at all, although it was made for a different brand - though we felt it suited McDonalds heaps better (hence it's a spec ad). Maybe it's too simple ;p

michelB's picture
michelB
2 pencils

The design of the Euro is simple but cute. McDonald’s, at about 19% of the market, is the world's fast food leader. However, the price of food and paper is on the rise, and with it, their expenditures.

janey's picture
janey
21 pencils

Doesn't do it for me. Not clever enough. You could do much better executions for this brief.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
4060 pencils

yea, definitely dont change the font color of the word "burger"

integrating it with the coin as much as possible is best.

i think this definitely works. it's really simple and nothing groundbreaking or too interesting. but it's a good visual resolution.

work, works.

the coin might be a bit big, though. see if making it smaller looks better.
another idea might be to just show the side of the coin, horizontally, making it look like a burger. (maybe, just a thought..id have to see it to see if it works)

shanuea's picture
shanuea
781 pencils

Probably needs a short line of copy at the body expanding on the idea. "1 cheeseburger for 1 Euro now at McDonalds" or something.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
4060 pencils

that defeats the purpose of the visual resolution

shanuea's picture
shanuea
781 pencils

You need to know the details of the deal. What burger do I get for 1 Euro? A big mac, a cheeseburger, a mcchicken?

certaintly's picture
certaintly
4060 pencils

ah, i see what you mean.
yes i agree

andylefty's picture
andylefty
4533 pencils

I would say that it solves a brief and could run, but not for a spec portfolio. It's too small.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
4060 pencils

definitely

Post new comment

We highly appreciate your comments. When commenting please acknowledge the following guidelines: Be respectful and helpful. Do not spam or link drop.