We are all Japanese

Yeah I know, I know, another campaign using the Japanese flag.

But with a twist of creativity, this time.

Well, at least I tried. =)

We are all Japanese
We are all Japanese
We are all Japanese
We are all Japanese
We are all Japanese

24 comments

ivan's picture
ivan

I like it. It's nice.

HappyHour's picture
HappyHour
2381 pencils

Sorry, man. I usually agree with you but if you want to show your creativity with spec work, do it for a stain remover or a restaurant. Not a global tragedy.

atb2005's picture
atb2005
13561 pencils

Oh shut up. He's a good guy and he meant well.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8442 pencils

I totally get your point, Happy (may I call you Happy? =)

In the context of this forum, it can look like misplaced opportunism. Of course I'm interested to know what people think about it.

But I didn't do this for that purpose.

Truth is, I should have posted these elsewhere. And that's what I'll do. And I won't stick my name or e-mail address on it.

As corny as it may sound, I did it to pass the message.

In these time of crisis, you have to communicate about what people can and should do. Donations to the ICRC or any other organizations, for example. If the Red Cross was putting a similar campaign together, would you say the same thing?

You can still communicate about it with feelings and creativity. Anybody can come up with ideas as long as they are not trivial (ie the Pritt thing) or just to say "look how awesome I am", like many of the recent posts about Japan.

At least my campaign has a sensible message, a CTA, and a "client".

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

HappyHour's picture
HappyHour
2381 pencils

I apologize for coming off harsh. And sounding righteous. Your opinion is one of the few that I respect and value on this site. And I mean FEW, haha, I know you're on my page with that one. I'm just having trouble with all the pathetic Japan submissions on here and I took it out on yours.

So you're right - the problem is that it isn't the right forum for it. If you were to print these out and stick them up in the countries mentioned, I think that would be highly commendable. Or spread them around the internet anonymously. Or send them to the client. Then I guess it becomes pro-bono work rather than spec work. But I understand that you're a regular at this forum and you just wanted to get a few opinions. I think the design is great and the message strong and effective. And shit, please don't call me Happy, makes me sound like a clown. Rob is fine :)

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8442 pencils

Thanks, Rob. Your opinion means a lot to me. To be frank, when I post ads, I'm always hoping that you'll comment on them. =)

I'm actually trying to reach my contacts at the ICRC.

Unfortunately, I think we're far from being done with the shitty Japan ads. Some are naïve, some are just plain evil.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

CuriousPencil's picture
CuriousPencil
4225 pencils

I think you've done a good thing making these; as Rob says, a better thing will be to make them available and widespread.

I've mailed Ivan to see if he can put a moderator/buffer on the 'exhibition' forum submissions with Japan as subject. There are too many children on here with no understanding of what they're doing by piggybacking the situation to spotlight themselves. Could damage the reputation of AOTW if it goes on, and it's making a lot of people sick and angry. Suggest others mail him with a similar request.

thedreamer's picture
thedreamer
155 pencils

Be honest, bros, all of you aren't Japanese.

Prasad Weerasekara's picture
Prasad Weerasekara
646 pencils

Very good idea. very good execution......

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1888 pencils

Hi Shawali. Your work gave me the idea of this topic: http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/105506 Would be great if participated!

jagadeesh's picture
jagadeesh
743 pencils

Best of the lot.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8442 pencils

Thanks, buddy.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8442 pencils

I wish some spammer from Malaysia or whatever would post a comment saying "this is ok but the charitable people at www.VeryGoodJewellersInternational.com have done better"

and bring back my post to the top of the list.

Ho, wait...

Martijn's picture
Martijn
1888 pencils

:)

(if you want you can post a smiley as an answer to this post in a couple of weeks)

Shawali's picture
Shawali
8442 pencils

:)

naaia abdelilah's picture
naaia abdelilah
2 pencils

really nice

artdirectore.tk

publicite's picture
publicite
13 pencils

Nice

ajitart's picture
ajitart
53 pencils

like it!

devbansal's picture
devbansal
59 pencils

this is plagiarism....you said yourself.....where's the creativity? (But with a twist of creativity, this time.).....and i wonder how mixing up two flags would really make people donate....doesn't light any candles really....

Davinder Bansal

jteslik's picture
jteslik
1391 pencils

How is this plagiarism?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I really don't like these. The strategy is right, but visual gag is just so bad. Shawali, you know I love you, but this should have stayed buried in the abyss of the forums and you know why.

ConejoCris's picture
ConejoCris
89 pencils

xD and the discussion keeps on going...

Kathp29's picture
Kathp29
33 pencils

I really like how this looks.

diabili's picture
diabili
539 pencils

Good job Shawali. I like, simple and nice.

Kery7's picture
Kery7
68 pencils

Good, very simple and clean yet making the point.