Veer contest: Stunner in the summer
Brief for qualifier
The Round 1 theme is Summer Festivals. Create a poster for a food or music festival, or something entirely different like the State Knickerbocker Fair. Doesn’t have to be real, as long as it’s creative and designed like a champ. Doesn’t have to be about food or music, either, as long as it’s a festival and in the summer. Got it? Summer + Festival + Poster = You’re in!
Brief for finals
Round 2 contenders designed to a new theme: Overlooked Destinations. Think Boring, Oregon is actually cooler than it sounds? Not sure why more people aren't vacationing in Guam? These posters highlight far-flung places, towns you've never heard of, and take a new spin on traditional places you already love.
- Grand Prize: Apple Mac Book Pro®: 15”, Retinal Display, 16G RAM + Veer Credit Pack and Veer Merchandize (US$2,500.00)
- Second prize: Apple iPad® + Veer Credit Pack and Veer Merchandize (US$700.00)
- Third prize: Apple TV® + Veer Credit Pack and Veer Merchandize (US$200.00)
- Fourth prize: Apple TV® + Veer Credit Pack and Veer Merchandize (US$200.00)
- Fifth to Tenth prize: Veer Credit Pack and Veer t-shirt (US$60.00)
Ads of the World and Veer welcomes you to our first contest: Stunner in the summer. The contest celebrates and awards the most skilled creatives who can deliver stunning advertising work using a set of creative assets provided by Veer.
The contest consist of two stages. Everybody is welcome to enter the first stage. Contestants will have to design a print ad answering a brief. From the submissions a jury made up of Ivan Raszl (founder and admin of Ads of the World) and 2 representatives from Veer will select 10 finalists. Public can vote on the designs too and the results will be taken into consideration when selecting The winners.
In the second stage the top four from the 10 finalists will compete for the grand prize. The same jury will select the the top 4 winners. The entry to the contest is free. Please follow the following rules when submitting your entry. Failure to follow the rules will result in the deletion of your entry.
- Your artwork must answer the brief.
- You must use at least 1 image or 1 typeface from the creative assets provided by Veer for the contest which you can download by clicking the Download assets link in the right sidebar.
- Image dimensions should be exactly 600x800px and less than 2MB in file size.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- The entries for the qualifier stage must be submitted before the deadline: August 3rd, 2012 23:59 EST.
- The artwork must be your own work and should not contain the intellectual property of anybody else.
Ivan Raszl, admin of AotW