We're giving away five passes (each good for two people) to the 55th annual CLIO Awards on Oct. 1, and we want you to tell us who should come! Nominate a deserving friend, family or colleague by tagging them in a comment on this Facebook post (one nominee per person, please). On Friday, 9/19, we'll randomly select 5 lucky winners to join us at the ceremony at Cipriani Wall Street in NYC. It's up to you to decide who gets to rub elbows with industry leaders on advertising's biggest night out. Now let the nominating begin!
To learn more about the CLIOs and this year's winners, visit clioawards.com, or connect on Facebook and Twitter.
Ads of the World CLIO 2014 Awards Tickets Sweepstakes
Sponsored by Prometheus Global Media(“Sponsor”)
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO ALL WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins on September 16h 2014 at 8PM EST and ends on September 19th 2014 at 20:00 EST, when all entries must be received (“Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is only open to all who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of Prometheus Global Media, its owners, affiliates or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner will be selected via random drawing from all eligible entries on or about September 20th 2014 (the “Drawing Date”). Any potential winner will be notified by email within Facebook by Ads of the World. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 72 hours from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS. There will be five (5) -prize winners. Each winner will receive a pass (each good for two people) to the 55th annual CLIO Awards on Oct. 1., 2014 in New York City. Travel to the Clio Awards is not included. Approximate retail value of each pass: $1,400.
5. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
6. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
8. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, Elizabeth Arden, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Promotion Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize; and (v) each entrant consents to Sponsor’s providing entrant’s name and email address to third parties partnering with Sponsor in the Promotion so that entrant may be contacted by such third party. Affidavits and releases must be returned within seven (7) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. Guests accompanying winners must be at least 18 years of age.
9. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Promotion Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) PROMOTION ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York County. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
JWT's trendspotting team has just released its latest trend report, "The Circular Economy," which explores the revival of an alternative economic model that's designed to reduce waste and is steadily gaining ground with major brands from Unilever to BMW to Philips and more.
Among other things the report highlights how brands need to reframe the customer relationship in order to become more cyclical. Companies will need to create ongoing relationships with users so as to keep their goods within the closed loop. The possibilities are numerous, including monitoring the quality of parts digitally; as Caterpillar does, creating financial incentives for the safe return of used goods, as several apparel retailers are doing; and giving consumers the means to easily repair or re-use goods.
The new Ads of the World iPad App is a simple, fast and free mobile application that lets you browse the latest in advertising with ease. The app currently runs on iPads with iOS 7 or higher, but we're planning to make it available for iPhones, iOS 6 and Android as well in the near future. Let us know if you see any bugs and what would you like to see in v.2.
Wildfire is a serious and recurring problem in Thailand. Between 1985 and today, 92,106 wildfire incidents have occurred, 95% of it manmade, damaging a total of 55,600 acres of priceless rainforest and agricultural land. Firefighters are also in short supply, often inadequately equipped. The result is an ever increasing number of wildfires, from year to year. The Thai Forestry department, in partnership with Caran D’Ache, created the Return of the Ashes project in order to gather funds. All proceeds will go to increasing the number of firefighters and supplying them with better equipment with which to combat wildfires.
The Return of the Ashes project gathered ashes and cinders from trees damaged by wildfire and transformed them into an charcoal pencil set. The pencil cases were also made from fire-damaged trees that have toppled and died. The branches from these dead trees were also put to use. They were meticulously transformed into charcoal pencils, and then packed. These limited edition, artisanal charcoal pencil sets were then put on sale in Caran D’Ache shops, with all proceeds going to firefighting division of the Thai Department of Forestry.
All the posters for the Return of the Ashes project were made using different parts of the burnt tree, from bark, branch, leaf and ash. These ingredients then underwent the printing process to form all the elements seen on the poster.
The Return of the Ashes exhibition was created to inform the public about the threat of wildfire in Thailand. To emphasize the threat, we used different parts of the burnt tree as visual data in order to communicate information, statistics and the awful consequences of wildfire.
Ads of the World reader created this ad above in response to the Adot campaign posted Yesterday.
We are deeply touched by our colleagues from Japan. Should we believe that their call for dialogue will keep Russian invaders outside of our country and they will not attack our land? What about some other nice layouts for world leaders to make them protect Ukraine as they promised under Budapest agreement? Or sanctions? Or any help?
Portfolio Night is the world's largest portfolio review for young creatives looking to break into the advertising industry. Now in its twelfth straight year, Portfolio Night will be taking place on Wednesday, May 21st in 24 cities around the globe!
Peter Lippmann recently partnered up with luxury shoe and handbag designer, Christian Louboutin, to shoot their Spring/Summer 2014 lookbook. Drawing inspiration from the impressionist masters, Peter photographed Louboutin accessories within meticulous recreations of works by Brueghel, Cézanne, Fantin-Latour, Monet, Pissarro, and Van Gogh. Through this ongoing partnership with the designer, Peter has created Louboutin lookbooks for the past 6 years but has been creating images like these for much longer. His method of crafting photos with a painterly approach has been tested for over 25 years, each time changing his method slightly and perfecting his results. The images were shot over the course of four days with the help of stylist Marie Noelle Perriau and assistant Quentin Reytinas.
Retina display users are all too familiar with the frustrating blurry image experience on most websites that are optimized for standard screens. We now upgraded Ads of the World to support higher resolution images, so they look sharper on retina screens, such as the Retina MacBook Pro, Chromebook Pixel, iPad Retinas, Android high-res displays, etc.
The criteria for the selection included the agency's growth, the creativity of its campaigns, innovation, and contributions to its clients' business success.
"Every year Ad Age selects an outstanding International Agency of the Year to honor and this year Africa stood out for its growth, creativity and the effectiveness of its work,” said Abbey Klaassen, associate publisher of editorial and audience at Advertising Age.
“Africa consistently helps push the limits of creativity of its clients. We also liked Africa’s spirit of innovation, through the Africa Lab.”
The magazine also makes it a priority to bring interesting stories to its readers. Africa's story, only 11 years long, was the one that most earned the attention of the editorial board.
“We had some wonderful entries this year from around the world—our runners up are We Are Social London and Colenso BBDO in New Zealand—but Africa stood out and we were excited to tell its interesting story”, explains the publisher.
Nizan Guanaes, founding partner at Africa: "Usually we only perceive that a day has been historic after much time has passed. But right now, we know this is a historic day for Africa and for Brazilian advertising. That's why today is a holiday here at Africa."
Marcio Santoro, Africa's co-president: "This award shows how Brazilian advertising delivers an extremely high-quality product to advertisers and consumers. It's a recognition of global impact, which only increases our confidence for the future”.
Sergio Gordilho, general creative director and co-president: "Africa was born out of a dream, a big dream. In a market with so many great agencies, there's no room for small dreams. Over the last eleven years, we've made many of our dreams come true, but we could never imagine that this dream would take us so far. More than just an award, this is a watershed moment. Today, we don't want to wake up!"
Among the highlights of Africa's performance over the last few months was the creation of some of the most-viewed commercials on YouTube, such as those produced for Head&Shoulders, Oral-B, Gilette, and Banco Itaú. The agency was also chosen, for the fifth year in a row, the Most Admired by Carta Capital Magazine.
Streetart Agency in cooperation with Format Publishing House has designed a calendar of fails. Today's era of hi-fi reproduction and digital copying has left little room for individuality, making the error zone into a testing ground for everything individual, one-of-a kind or special. While making this calendar we let ourselves be guided by the following principles:
In the era of technology and digital copying, an error, a ‘fail’ acquires a special value – being an actual and up-to-date ‘portrait’ of the modern times as is.
Coming are the times of ‘fail’ esthetics, when an error may be beautiful, bringing about a quaint attraction of the casual, born of a particular combination of circumstances.
Today, a ‘fail’ is a chance for the individual and unique, as an error, a mis-take creates a force field of individuality and uniqueness; mistakes are seldom repeated.
A ‘fail’ is hugely illustrative potentially, failing is not an external, forcedly imposed illustration of meanings; it is an immediate corollary to an act-causing sense, a sense’s meaningful imprint.
A ‘fail’ is a prerequisite for a man-to-man talk, a situation that dis-covers, thereby allowing of confidence.
In a ‘failed’ effort, a perfectionist suddenly gains a special knowledge of what s/he is really doing; a ‘fail’ liberates one from one’s stereotypes while giving a creative impetus.
A ‘fail’ is a safeguard against a merciless and meaningless copy-paste; an error can generate a value.
One’s ability to make a mistake, this ‘fail-capacity’, is one’s readiness for a situation when things might ‘go wrong’; it is fearlessness in the face of risks, of the unexpected, of what is stronger than we are.
Many of the great discoveries have been made because of an error; a ‘fail’ begets innovation, it is a chance for a breakthrough, a door to the never-been-BEFORE.
One’s ability to admit one’s ‘failure’ is a sign of strength as it is only the strong who can admit their failures.
It is only passion that causes a ‘fail’; love alone is capable of erring and of dissolving in its own object.
Well, who is immaculate? A ‘fail’ can reconcile the most irreconcilable, meaning it is capable of generating Peace.
Clorox's Liquid Plumr hunks are back and this time you can find one for every month of the year! DDB California launched Clorox Liquid-Plumr®’s 2014 "Hunky Plumr" calendar featuring 12 months of good looks, sexy smiles, perfect bodies and of course - advice on drain care!
After hacking the YouTube functionality last year, Maurice Lévy is back again with a new year corporate speech that features 2 Chinese dragons, a confetti storm, cheerleaders and much more. This year, in light of the expected Publicis Groupe and Omnicom Group merger of equals, we decided to celebrate along the theme of: THE MORE THE MERRIER!
Once people started wearing sports shoes outside of sporting facilities, the foundation for one of the biggest fashion phenomena of our times was laid – if not for the biggest ever: sneakers. Over the past four decades the sneaker has evolved from a purely functional object into a fashion statement, a lifestyle accessory – and an object of desire.
Thousands of designs in thousands more colors have flowed out of the factories of various manufacturers, each more innovative, colorful, and intriguing than the last.
Some of these models stand out against the massive sea of sneakers and leave a lasting impression. These are shoes which seem to have a perfectly balanced feel to them. Color, shape, function – each element coordinates perfectly, turning these sneakers into unforgettable legends.
This calendar displays the best of the best.
Twelve legends from the books of sneaker history. Carefully reviewed and selected.
Each photographed in the perfect setting by twelve photographers.
Accompanied by twelve pairs of shoe laces – that are part of the calendar.
Advertising Agency: Jung von Matt/Neckar, Stuttgart, Germany
Creative Directors: Holger Oehrlich, Philipp Barth
Art Directors: Peter Sigg and Cornelius Hafemeister
Copywriter: Tassilo Gutscher
Photographers: Nady El-Tounsy, Manuel Mittelpunkt, Reinhard Hunger, René Riis, Andreas Reimann, Achim Lippoth, Jan Kornstaedt, Benjamin Pezo, Himmel & Burwick, Johann Cohrs, Ragnar Schmuck, Markus Heumann
Art Buyers: Anne Weskamp, Yannik Nielsen
Client Services / Project manageers: Vera Terporten, David Mayer
Published: December, 2013
Sony launched its latest TV advert set to bring to life the fine detail, breath-taking picture quality and rich colour you can only get through 4K - to mark the arrival of its 55” and 65” X9 4K televisions.
Created by McCann London, the ad features millions of colourful petals exploding from a volcano, rushing through exotic locations down to a Costa Rican village. Shot in surroundings that offer dramatic nature, landscapes and composition, the ad perfectly demonstrates Sony’s pioneering 4K technology which offers 4 times the detail of Full HD and allowing extraordinarily sharp, refined detail. The ad is set to a stunning track ‘Berlin’ which is the title of the debut release from LA-based Australian RY X, now available courtesy of Dumont Dumont.
Watching the ad on the X9 4K Ultra HD TV, the TRILUMINOS Display brings colour to life for an unbelievably real experience, giving an emotionally moving and astonishing feeling to the viewer. At the same time the unique to Sony, slim Magnetic Fluid speakers inside the TV add clear, powerful sound.
All effects were shot in real-life and filmed in 4K with Sony’s revolutionary F55 and F65 cameras, used on recent blockbuster movies ‘Oblivion’ and ‘After Earth’.
Continuing to keep things as realistic as possible and to ensure it was an ecologically and environmentally sound project; Sony used several tonnes of real and biodegradable petals which were locally and sustainably sourced. Sony’s new 4K screens contain 8 million individual pixels therefore 8 million petals* were used in the shoot to further bring out the detail and vibrant colour through 4K without the need for computer graphics.
Director of the advert, Jaron Albertin commented, “I was really excited to be shooting this ad in 4K in such an amazing location. It was my first experience shooting with the Sony F65 and when I saw the final footage, I was stunned - it just produces really amazing, detailed images. Because there is twice as much data, it looks twice as crisp which means you can see even the tiniest detail.”
Gildas Pelliet, Head of Marketing, Sony Europe, also said, “Sony is famous for creating iconic commercials. We wanted to create a visually impressive and artistic advert that best demonstrates what you experience with a Sony 4K TV - 4 times the detail of current Full HD TVs. The ad has a cinema like experience with pin sharp images and dramatic scenery.”
“When you watch the new ad on our X9 4K TV you can really see for yourself the fantastic clarity in colour; thanks to the exclusive TRILUMINOS Display technology. The 4K Ultra HD TV market is expanding rapidly and Sony is leading its development through our involvement in 4K from production of content through to 4K digital cinema and bringing the best 4K experience in to your living room.”
The ad officially launches with a 60 second coveted slot shown during The X Factor on Saturday 2nd November, the 30 second version can be seen from the 1st November including a premium slot secured during Alan Carr’s Chatty Man on Channel 4.
The campaign will run on air for 1st November – end of December across TV, press, digital and search. The new ad is also be being shown in a targeted cinema ad campaign filmed and shown in 4K at Thor and The Hobbit screenings from 1st November til 9th January.
Featuring the 4K X-reality PRO engine to improve the picture quality of every day programmes and HD media libraries, the 55” and 65” X9 4K Ultra HD TVs are available in-store and online now and priced £3,299.00 and £4,999.00 respectively.
Marketing experts agree that for people the most interesting object is a face. This is why most of the advertising involves faces of models, actors, movie stars and only secondarily logos, graphics, landscapes and other pictures. To take advantage of this phenomena Youlalight came up with the Mobile Face Hologram:
Soon, your avatar and your recommendation of a product or service will show up on Google searches and other products to your friends. By default it's on, but you can opt out at any time on this page.
Here's what you need to know:
You're in control: Your content is only shared when you choose, and shared endorsements don't impact who can see your content or activity.
To help your friends and others find cool stuff online, your activity (such as reviews, +1s, follows, shares, etc.) may be used along with your name and photo in commercial or other promotional contexts.
When it comes to shared endorsements in ads, you can choose whether your name and photo may be used to help your friends find stuff you love (and avoid stuff you don't) — you can control this with the setting at the bottom of this page.
The name and photo shown in shared endorsements are the public profile name and photo you have chosen on Google+.
Remember Chipotle's Scarecrow spot with a sad scarecrow disillusioned by big corporations serving unethical food? In a not very unexpected move the site Funny or Die (FOD) created a spoof suggesting that advertising is just... wait for it... 'manipulation'. Now you know it! Watch the commercial below.