The environment is a hot, topical issue, and I'm curious what we, as an industry whole, are doing to help the environment. What we are doing to reduce our impact on the earth's resources.
I'll share with you what I do everyday, I hope you will share, here, what you are doing.
- use a travel mug to buy my coffee
- bring my lunch in tupperware
- store left overs in tupperware
- ask for less packaging if i do buy my lunch
- keep metal utensils at work, never get the plastic ones
- turn off all appliances when i'm done with them
- use environmentally friendly light bulbs
- use the microwave to reheat meals rather than the stove or oven
- bring strong hemp bags to put my groceries in
- when i do a quick trip and forget my hemp bags, i reuse the plastic bag they give me
- use used newsprint and embellish it by painting or drawing on top of it to wrap gifts
- re-use gift bags
- recycle all paper and plastic and metal
- buy quality used furniture
- repurpose or donate old clothes
- take local transit, purposely do not own a car
- buy locally grown produce whever possible
- have a low flow toilet
- low flow, high pressure shower head and taps
- turn the temperature down on heaters at night, pile on the sweaters in the winter
- talk about it
if i think of other things i do i'll post them.
here's one sight to check out: http://www.davidsuzuki.org/
looking forward to reading what you do.