Calendar of Fails
Streetart Agency in cooperation with Format Publishing House has designed a calendar of fails. Today's era of hi-fi reproduction and digital copying has left little room for individuality, making the error zone into a testing ground for everything individual, one-of-a kind or special. While making this calendar we let ourselves be guided by the following principles:
- In the era of technology and digital copying, an error, a ‘fail’ acquires a special value – being an actual and up-to-date ‘portrait’ of the modern times as is.
- Coming are the times of ‘fail’ esthetics, when an error may be beautiful, bringing about a quaint attraction of the casual, born of a particular combination of circumstances.
- Today, a ‘fail’ is a chance for the individual and unique, as an error, a mis-take creates a force field of individuality and uniqueness; mistakes are seldom repeated.
- A ‘fail’ is hugely illustrative potentially, failing is not an external, forcedly imposed illustration of meanings; it is an immediate corollary to an act-causing sense, a sense’s meaningful imprint.
- A ‘fail’ is a prerequisite for a man-to-man talk, a situation that dis-covers, thereby allowing of confidence.
- In a ‘failed’ effort, a perfectionist suddenly gains a special knowledge of what s/he is really doing; a ‘fail’ liberates one from one’s stereotypes while giving a creative impetus.
- A ‘fail’ is a safeguard against a merciless and meaningless copy-paste; an error can generate a value.
- One’s ability to make a mistake, this ‘fail-capacity’, is one’s readiness for a situation when things might ‘go wrong’; it is fearlessness in the face of risks, of the unexpected, of what is stronger than we are.
- Many of the great discoveries have been made because of an error; a ‘fail’ begets innovation, it is a chance for a breakthrough, a door to the never-been-BEFORE.
- One’s ability to admit one’s ‘failure’ is a sign of strength as it is only the strong who can admit their failures.
- It is only passion that causes a ‘fail’; love alone is capable of erring and of dissolving in its own object.
- Well, who is immaculate? A ‘fail’ can reconcile the most irreconcilable, meaning it is capable of generating Peace.